Wednesday, June 4, 2008

4:00pm strawberry tart

06-04 strawberry tart
And now you see the real reason we went to Petrossian for lunch - the desserts. How smart a choice, the strawberry tart is divine! A light crusty pastry shell filled with a slight layer of some sort of sweet glaze, fresh strawberries, all topped off with thin bits of crushed pistachios and orange zest. Also confirmed by Brett who had a "a truly delicious chocolate chip cookie".
Petrossian, 911 Seventh Avenue btwn 57th and 58th

4 comments:

Petruchio said...

Darnit, I'm drooling profusely again! Why do I subscribe to this blog when I don't live NEAR any of these places? *mangled sob* . . .

:D
Keep up the good work! I never knew how cool it could be to photograph food . . .

Anonymous said...

Great site. I love(hate) this blog. Such amazing foods to look at while I'm at work, yet so torturing to not be able to have any of it.
I started my own blog recently so I've been looking at what other people are doing lately. So good work and thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love Petrossian. If you're ever there for breakfast, try the apricot danish. Or, if you go for your afternoon sweet, their chocolate chip cookies are ridiculous. Grab a napkin.

Front Studio said...

p: well one day you may come here and then you will know where/ what to eat!

t: you're spot on, food blogs are all about the love/ hate!

sf: thanks for the tip, we're definitely going to need an excuse to go up to petrossian again soon